I've found myself having to really reprioritize, sometimes multiple times throughout the day, shuffling around things that maybe I thought needed to get done and when it came right down to it, wasn't as important as I thought. I had to remind myself that the truly important things got done. My dishes might not've but my kids were taken to and from school, they were hugged on and loved on, and had some food in their bellies, and we were together.
I get too comfortable sometimes, not realizing how much I have and how truly fortunate I am, and I have to step back and remind myself. That not every mom out there has the comfort of having healthy children, and even the simple pleasures of running water, or food to feed her children, and I feel humbled. I might not be where I want to be career wise - but I am exactly where I need to be.
I always wanted to be able to stay home with my kids, even before I had kids, and never thought it would be a reality, and the fact that I get to is really just a huge blessing. There are sacrifices sure, but they are worth it. I love doing what I am doing, being able to drop my little boy off at school and have my little girl with me all day. And then it's nice when she has school 2 days a week too, and I have time to myself. Glorious also.
This life - is everything I imagined. Everything I so desperately wanted when I was growing up - a family of my own, being able to be with someone I loved best of all, someone fun and funny and loving and wonderful, and to be a mom - there were many days in my life where I didn't think I could have kids and after the first, have another. So we have been really blessed and we are so fortunate and I am so glad to be reminded of that.
There is no big lightning bolt of magic all the time and our lives are busy, and crazy and messy, and woven in all that is beauty - little knock knock jokes my little boy will tell me, a picture my teeny princess has colored and is so excited to show me, seeing my sweet hubby when he gets home, those little slivers that really are nothing but sheer magic.
I'm a simple girl that likes simple things and it definitely is enough. If this is all there is in life, then I am pretty dang lucky.



No comments:
Post a Comment