There are many things that should probably never be posted on Facebook but there are also a handful of things I personally would not post:
1 - Sonogram pictures. I get that everyone is excited to announce their pregnancy via Facebook and it is a long thought out process "When are you announcing on Facebook?!" type thing and how will you do it, like with what cute way to tell everyone, eeee! A new baby is exhilarating, I get it, I just miss the part where showing everyone your uterus and its contents is desirable. I am just as excited for you, I really am, but I admit that I really glaze over people's sonogram pics. I find them quite personal - they almost always have the mother's full name and sometimes ss# on the pic, the doctor they go to, lots of info on one picture. I know you are so thrilled to be expecting and I am so thrilled for you, I just am not interested in viewing everyone's sono pics. Sorry.
2 - RIP. It is always sad when someone you love dies and I absolutely think it is appropriate to let the FB community know of course. I just don't get the RIP thing. RIP to me is found on a headstone at a haunted house or in someone's yard for Halloween. Rest in peace, okay, and sure, it is the same thing, I just find RIP Tacky Jackie. I feel like RIP is the same as tipping a 40 to someone - again, fine, but devoid of taste, really. To each his own but not for me.
3 - Some cliffhanger that is supposed to incite people to inquire more. "Excited!" "3 more days!" "Sad...." Either say what you mean or don't post. You are obviously trying to get some attention which is okay but just say "I want attention!" Maybe I should call this list my own pet peeves. They are that as well, but at the same time, definitely things I would not post so my original title still stands.
4 - Giving shout outs to someone who is not on FB while addressing them as if they are. "Happy birthday to my little boy who is 2 today! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and are so glad to have you in our lives!" Tiny Johnny is not on Facebook. I do not address my posts to folks who do not only not have accounts but will never see that post ever. I get the wanting to give a shoutout and would say myself something like "Happy bday to my son - we love him and ...." but it is not specifically addressed to him. Just not my cup of tea.
5 - Song lyrics as status updates. Oh geez. If I ever did this, it would only be becuz aliens took over my body. I cringe a little when I see this. So of course would not post this shiz on FB.
Not trying to hate on folks that do this and of course it is not personal. Mostly everyone does at least one of them and again, to each their own. They are just things that will not be an update from my own body.
No comments:
Post a Comment